Give your kids a better start to life
A recent study published in the Los Angeles Times has shown that physical fitness has produced improved learning in children.
So how can you help improve the fitness of your kids?
- Role model physical activity – show your kids you exercise regularly and that it’s important
- Participate in physical activity as a family activity – go for a bike ride , kick the footy in the park or walk together
- Encourage your kids to get involved in school sporting teams
- Let your kids hear you talk about the importance of ‘being healthy’ and use this to explain lifestyle choices your family makes
- Set a limit for ‘screen’ time – minimise the amount of time they spend sitting